Job Description :: Freelance Designer
Forcade Associates is looking for a freelance designer for short-term engagement in our Evanston office. 30-40/wk
Perform design services individually and as part of a group for a highly desirable and demanding client base. Candidate must be able to apply graphic, industrial, interface, web and environmental graphic design skills to solve the projects on an everyday basis. In addition the Candidate will be required to meet with clients and manage projects and client requests. Must be able to travel as required for business development, client meetings and field work. Responsibilities (in no specific order)
Apply design expertise in various market sectors including Commerical, Health Care, Real Estate Development, Higher Education and Legal.
Must be proficient in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop). Efficient in other applications including but not limited to AutoCAD, CorelDraw, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Keynote and other Apple products.
- Participate in weekly progress meetings
- Contribute and work with other staff individually and in charrettes
- Communicate with clients as required to establish the highest level of trust and confidence
- Manage and execute work on multiple projects concurrently in various market sectors
- Must be able to interpret clients needs and lead them thru detail decision making processes
- Formulate, validate and iterate the design process on all projects
- Serve as liaison between clients and manufacturers as required
- Prepare and assemble bid documents
- Research manufacturers and suppliers
- Negotiate contracts with other staff members
- Participates in the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement activities as assigned
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the position
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: 2-5 years experience, BFA in Design
Send resume and portfolio to email@example.com
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be all-inclusive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.